The project targets Key Populations, specifically Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and Female Sex Workers (FSWs) in Jomvu and Changamwe sub-counties within Mombasa County. North Star Alliance has partnered with BOMU Hospital through PEPFAR/CDC funding to scale up the uptake of HIV services among the target group in the two sub-counties. The project provides the targeted populations with a comprehensive package for HIV prevention, care and treatment services (biomedical, structural and behavioural) per the Ministry of Health KPs guidelines. The services are provided during clinical outreaches at selected hotspots and the two North Star Roadside Wellness Centres in Jomvu and Kipevu.
Objectives of the project
- Provide MSM and FSWs with HIV prevention programs as per the defined service packages.
- Provide HIV Testing Services to MSM and FSWs with all receiving test results.
- Initiate and retain MSM and FSWs on Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Ensure a human rights-based approach to HIV by addressing the structural and social barriers to accessing fair and non-discriminatory treatment in the health and justice systems.
- Scale-up access to services (95:95:95).
- Implement Undetectable=Untransmissible U=U messaging.
March – September 2022
PEPFAR/CDC as a sub-awardee of the BOMU Hospital
See more Projects
Our clinics are located at ‘hotspots’ such as border posts, transit towns or ports where large numbers of trucks stop, load and offload and where sex work and informal trades flourish. Most are open late, tailored to the hours of our core target populations.