A flurry of articles, posts, blogs and columns of print the past few weeks talk about non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and their impact on global health. After a decade of (not unwarranted) attention on HIV/AIDS and malaria, public health officials backed up by organisations such as WHO, are recognising that preventable, mostly “lifestyle diseases” like diabetes and hypertension, are not just problems in affluent nations, but they are killing more people worldwide than infectious diseases.
- North Star Alliance named the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Greenhouse 2023 winner of $ 25,000
- Roadside clinic beneficiary now championing an HIV-free transport corridor: Story of Stanley Kabengi
- North Star Alliance unveils new Strategic Plan 2023-2027 for Uganda.
- Siemens Stiftung (foundation) Director visits Mlolongo Blue Box clinic
- North Star Blue Box clinic saves a mother
- North Star Blue Box clinic saves a mother August 16, 2021