Senior Programme Manager - East Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
The Senior Programme Manager is responsible for effective co-ordination of the programmes and ensuring its overall integrity and coherence. The role includes managing the programmes inter-dependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues which may arise.
In addition, the Programme Manager’s duties will include monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization.
We are looking for a person with over 10 years of experience in programming and working with diverse donors. The person should be conversant with USD funding procedures, a senior, strategic and hands-on project manager with a can-do mentality, who will:
- Assume responsibility for overall project oversight including programme planning, design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proactively monitoring the progress of the programme, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure proactive project risk identification and assessment and implementation of adequate mitigation measures.
- Participate in talent sourcing and mentoring the programme team in the processes involved in delivering results.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the programme.
- Prepare and manage the programme’s budget including monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Ensure that there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects.
- Together with the resource mobilization team, participate in preparation of funding proposals which address the needs of the target populations and which align with North Star’s mission.
- Ensure strong networking with individuals and organisations that could be future potential clients and partners.
- Oversee and facilitate timely and accurate project tracking, analysis of outputs, and reporting.
And perform other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional, and courteous manner.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in development studies and project management or any related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of (project) management experience in the Non for Profit sector with a successful track record.
- Experience in fundraising and conversant in Global Fund and USD funding procedures.
- Experience in budget management and delivery timelines.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power point etc.
- Experience in working internationally across a variety of countries.
- Experience in working with virtual teams internationally, in a matrix set-up is an advantage.
Knowledge of the health sector and the NGO sector is welcome.
Position: One-year contract renewable
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Reports to: The Director, North Star Alliance
Start date: Immediately
- Authorised to live and work in Kenya.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally.
- Recognises our Values; People Matter/ Integrity/ Quality/ Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Passionate about North Star’s mission.
- Multiple interviews and an assignment can be part of the application procedure.
How to Apply
Application to include a motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae, and sent to the email below by close of business on Friday, 31st December 2021.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.