Project Accountant - Nakuru County, Kenya
• Project Financial record keeping.
• Entering various transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis and filing all financial records appropriately in line with the filing system.
• Ensuring that Roadside Wellness Centres are well supplied in a timely manner.
• Processing Purchase orders and payments.
• Ensuring that all requisite procurement procedures have been followed and the requisite support documentation is available and appropriately filed.
• Preparing donor reports and submitting them within the stipulated deadlines.
• Preparing internal financial reports (Budget monitoring reports, etc) on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
• Maintaining the Assets register. Updating regularly and arranging for Assets verification twice a year.
• Carrying out bank and other accounts reconciliations and preparing reconciliation statements on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
• Ensuring that all bills and statutory deductions are paid in time to avoid penalties.
• Arranging for physical cash counts once a quarter at the centre level.
• Ensuring adherence to the financial procedures.
• Participating in Budget preparation and review.
• Maintaining Project records
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required and respond to any queries raised.
• Prepare and submit statutory reports and tax returns related to project on a timely manner.
• Maintain project staff records
• Receive, review and file project staff time sheets
• Prepare the project Payroll.
• Close out project accounts upon project completion.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance and Human Resource Manager.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• At least 3 years’ experience in project accounting
• Working knowledge of USAID funded projects is a must.
• A good understanding of the health landscape in Kenya would also be desirable.
• Proficiency in electronic accounting systems.
• An excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
Position: 2-Month Temporary Contract
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Reports to: Finance and Human Resource Manager
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, kindly submit your application letter and CV online (indicating your expected salary) on Email: email@example.com on or before 26th February 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.