Prevention Counsellor/Social Worker -3 positions (1 Nakuru, 1 Makueni and 1 Uasin Gishu County) - Nakuru, Makueni and Uasin Gishu County
- The Social Worker will support the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities within the Key Populations [KPs] and Vulnerable Populations (VPs) Program.
- The Social Worker will be responsible for the provision of quality case management including direct counselling to VPs and KPs as per their needs.
- In collaboration with the clinical staff, he/she will support the sensitization of the Outreach Workers and Peer Educators in response to Gender-Based Violence [GBV] and GBV case management.
- He/she will establish therapeutic rapport with VPs and KPs with a view to offering individualized and group counselling within the Wellness Centre (WC) and during outreach activities; and sensitize, problem-solving, dialogue and mediate with KPs and VPs about issues of trauma, GBV any other related psychosocial issues.
Education & Experience
- Must be the holder of a Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling/Sociology or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Key Populations or Vulnerable Populations counselling.
- Preferably, should be a current resident of Makueni County.
- Extensive experience providing psychotherapy to individuals and groups.
- Understanding of and experience implementing culturally appropriate interventions, including individual, group and Community-based approaches for the Key populations.
- Experience with gender-based violence programming is highly desirable.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
Position: One-year renewable contract with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
Reports to: The Site Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating desired salary, a CV, and relevant academic and professional certification via email below by close of business on Monday, 6th June 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.