Outreach Coordinator - Kenya
- Oversee outreach activities within the assigned project site in liaison with other team members.
- Determine health and communication needs of the target populations and make recommendations for continuation of or change in services.
- Ensure achievement of targets for number of truckers and sex workers reached (daily, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure that referrals and follow ups are done in collaboration with service providers and partners/government, and document.
- Educate, coach and motivate Peer Educators/Mobilizers.
- Conduct monthly meetings with peer educators/mobilizers to identify challenges and trouble shoot.
- Conduct health education sessions targeting truckers and sex workers.
- Document/record activities including preparation of periodic reports.
- Establish contacts (linkages) with the government and other partners to leverage resources
- Participate in program meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences
- At least 2 years’ experience in outreach work
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with community members
- Good listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Mobilization skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
Position: Full time basis
Reports to: Clinical Officer/Site Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
Language: English, Kiswahili
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) on Email: email@example.com on or before 31st December 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.