HIV Testing and Counselling Provider - Nakuru County
- Create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services.
- Lead in the mobilization of clients for HTS.
- Provide pre/post-test HIV counselling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods, and other relevant issues.
- Provide confidential HIV testing to clients, as per national HTS guidelines.
- Provide ongoing counselling and make relevant referrals for ongoing support.
- Always ensure the quality of HTS services.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of test kits and consumables at the Centre.
- Document and maintain accurate HTS records including referrals and report on referral outcomes.
- Compile and submit HTS reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis within set deadlines to the supervisor.
- Timely requests for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTS activities.
- Meet all performance targets.
- Refer all cases requiring specialized care and management to relevant health facilities and or services.
- Organize outreach activities in collaboration with other partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in Peer Education activities.
- Participate in HTS QA activities like PT, counselling supervision, etc.
- Ensure HTS optimization in the facility.
- Provide safe index services to all new clients and all priority populations.
- Participate in outreach activities.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Diploma-level course in social or health sciences.
- 2 years’ experience in VCT work.
- Certificate in HTS accredited by NASCOP.
- Conducted and Passed Proficiency Tests.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Excellent use of the android application and computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Unquestionable confidentiality.
- Ability to conceptualize and understand program needs.
- Familiar with local community structures.
- Experience working with USG funded projects is desirable.
Position: One-year renewable contract with the possibility of extension based on performance
Location: Nakuru County
Reports to: The Site Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) via
Email: email@example.com on or before Friday, 11st November 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.