HIV Testing and Counselling Provider - Nakuru, Kenya
- Create awareness and provide education about the existence of HIV testing services.
- Lead in the mobilization of clients for HTS.
- Provide pre/post-test HIV counseling ensuring that clients understand risk factors, prevention methods, and other relevant issues.
- Provide confidential HIV testing to clients, as per national HTS guidelines.
- Provide ongoing counselling and make relevant referrals for ongoing support.
- Always ensure the quality of HTS services.
- Ensure sufficient supply of test kits and consumables at the Centre.
- Document and maintain accurate HTS records including referrals and report on referral outcomes.
- Compile and submit HTS reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis within set deadlines to the supervisor.
- Timely requests for all the necessary consumables for undertaking HTS activities.
- Meet all performance targets.
- Refer all cases requiring specialized care and management to relevant health facilities and or services.
- Organize outreach activities in collaboration with other partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in Peer Education activities.
- Participate in HTS QA activities like PT, counselling supervision, etc.
- Ensure HTS optimization in the facility.
- Provide safe index services to all new clients and all priority population.
- Participate in outreach activities.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Diploma level course in social or health sciences.
- 2 years’ experience in HTS work.
- Certificate in HTS accredited by NASCOP.
- Conducted and Passed Proficiency Tests.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written, listening, and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Excellent use of the android application and computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Unquestionable confidentiality.
- Ability to conceptualize and understand program needs.
- Familiar with local community structures.
- Experience working with USG funded projects desirable.
Position: One-year renewable contract with possibility on extension based on performance
Location: Nakuru County
Reports to: The Site Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
Applications to include a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, National AIDS & STIs Control Program Certificate and PT results (indicating your expected salary) and sent to the email below by close of business on Friday, 28th April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.