Finance Assistant - Kenya
- Project financial record keeping.Entering various transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis and filing all financial records appropriately in line with the filing system.
- Ensuring that Wellness centres are well supplied in a timely manner.
- Processing Purchase orders and payments.Ensuring that all requisite procurement procedures have been followed and the requisite support documentation is available and appropriately filed.
- Preparing donor reports and submitting them within the stipulated deadlines.
- Preparing internal financial reports (Budget monitoring reports, etc) on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Maintaining the Assets register. Updating regularly and arranging for Assets verification twice a year.
- Carrying out bank and other accounts reconciliations and preparing reconciliation statements on a monthly basis by the 13th day of the following month.
- Ensuring that all bills and statutory deductions are paid in time to avoid penalties.
- Arranging for physical cash counts once a quarter at the centre level.
- Ensuring adherence to the financial procedures.
- Participating in Budget preparation and review.
- Maintaining Project records
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required and respond to any queries raised.
- Prepare and submit statutory reports and tax returns related to project on a timely manner.
- Maintain project staff records
- Receive, review and file project staff time sheets
- Prepare the project Payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, internal and Partner regulations
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance and Human Resource Manager.
Education & Experience
- At least a Diploma in Accounting or related field.
- Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD) or Certified Public Accountant II (Intermediate level)
- At least 1 years’ experience in project accounting
- Working knowledge of USG and Global Fund funded projects is a must.
- A good understanding of the health landscape in Kenya would also be desirable.
- Proficiency in electronic accounting systems.
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
Position: One year contract – renewable
Reports to: Finance and Human Resource Manager
Start date: March/April 2022
North Star is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, kindly submit your application letter (indicating expected salary) and CV online on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th February 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.