Field Officer - Nakuru
- Oversee outreach activities within the assigned project site in liaison with other team members.
- Determine the health and communication needs of the target populations and make recommendations for continuation of or change in services.
- Ensure achievement of targets for the number of truckers and sex workers reached (daily, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure that referrals and follow-ups are done in collaboration with service providers and partners/government, and document.
- Educate, coach and motivate Peer Educators/Mobilizers.
- Conduct monthly meetings with peer educators/mobilizers to identify challenges and troubleshoot.
- Conduct health education sessions targeting truckers and sex workers.
- Document/record activities including preparation of periodic reports.
- Establish contacts (linkages) with the government and other partners to leverage resources.
- Participate in program meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Social Work.
- Degree in Social Sciences.
- At least 2 years’ experience in outreach work.
- Good communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with community members.
- Good listening skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Mobilization skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Analytical skills.
Position: Full time basis
Location: Nakuru County
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
Language: English, Kiswahili
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) via
Email: email@example.com on or before Friday, 11st November 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.