Field Officer ( 2 Posts) - Makueni and Nakuru
- Oversee outreach activities within the assigned project site in liaison with other team members.
- Determine the health and communication needs of the target populations and make recommendations for continuation of or change in services.
- Ensure achievement of targets for a number of truckers and sex workers reached (daily, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure that referrals and follow-ups are done in collaboration with service providers and partners/government and documented.
- Educate, coach and motivate Peer Educators/Mobilizers.
- Conduct monthly meetings with peer educators/mobilizers to identify challenges and troubleshoot.
- Conduct health education sessions targeting truckers and sex workers.
- Document/record activities including preparation of periodic reports.
- Establish contacts (linkages) with the government and other partners to leverage resources.
- Participate in program meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Social Work
- Degree in Social Sciences
- At least 2 years of experience in outreach work
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with community members
- Good listening skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Mobilization skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
Position: Full-time basis
Location: Makueni and Nakuru
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Start date: Immediately
Language: English, Kiswahili
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary and the county you are applying for) via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.