Clinical Officer, Nakuru, Kenya - Nakuru, Kenya
• Managing the operations at the Roadside Wellness Centre.
• Examining, diagnosing, treating and counselling of target groups at the RWC.
• Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) among long distance truck drivers, sex workers and the community members with whom they interact. This shall be done in accordance with the National guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health or other relevant Ministries.
• Ensure effective use of syndromic approach to management of STIs, Malaria and other common illnesses.
• Management of Opportunistic Infections (OIs).
• Screening for Tuberculosis.
• Administration and management of ART.
• Adherence monitoring of use of medication particularly for TB and HIV cases.
• Develop proper records of all HIV and TB infected patients served and ensure follow up.
• Provide health education and counselling to the truck drivers, commercial sex workers and communities with whom they interact.
• Recording data according to North Star Alliance’s specifications.
• Preparing and submitting reports within set deadlines.
• Meet all performance targets.
• Refer all cases requiring specialized care and management to relevant health facilities and or services.
• Organize outreach activities in collaboration with other partners and stakeholders.
• Identifying key stakeholders and engaging them in the relevant activities.
• Ensuring effective linkage with other North Star staff.
• Any other duties which may be assigned by the Director, North Star Alliance from time to time.
Education & Experience
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized
• Must be registered by Clinical Officers’ Council, and possess valid
• A degree in Clinical Medicine or Social sciences will be an added
• Over 3 years’ experience in a reputable health institution/Facility.
• Practical experience working with Key and Vulnerable Populations
programming is an added advantage
• Strong personality with good leadership skills.
• Ability to manage/implement projects and prepare good and timely
• Excellent inter-personal, negotiation and communication
• Proficient in English and local languages.
• IT literate (Word, Excel and internet).
• Familiar with local structures.
Position: Full time basis
Location: Nakuru County, Kenya; with frequent visits to implementation sites
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) on
Email: email@example.com on or before
Friday, 14th April, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.