Clinical Officer - Nakuru County
• Examining, diagnosing, treating and counselling target groups at the RWC.
• Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) among long-distance truck drivers, sex workers and the community members with whom they interact. This shall be done in accordance with the National guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health or other relevant Ministries.
• Ensure effective use of syndromic approach to the management of STIs, Malaria and other common illnesses.
• Management of Opportunistic Infections (OIs).
• Screening for Tuberculosis.
• Administration and management of ART.
• Adherence to the monitoring of the use of medication particularly for TB and HIV cases.
• Develop proper records of all HIV and infected patients served and follow-ups.
• Provide health education and counselling to the truck drivers, commercial sex workers and communities with whom they interact
• Recording data according to North Star Alliance’s specifications.
• Preparing and submitting reports within set deadlines.
• Meet all performance targets.
• Refer all cases requiring specialized care and management to relevant health facilities and or services.
• Organize outreach activities in collaboration with other partners and stakeholders.
• Any other duties which may be assigned by the Regional Director from time to time.
Education & Experience
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized College.
• Must be registered by the Clinical Officers’ Council.
• A degree in Clinical Medicine or Social sciences will be an added Advantage.
• Over 3 years’ experience in a reputable health institution/Facility.
• At least 1 years’ experience in HIV AIDS Management.
• Strong personality with good leadership skills.
• Ability to prepare timely reports.
• Excellent inter-personal, negotiation and communication Skills.
• Proficient in English and local languages.
• IT literate (Word, Excel and internet).
• Familiar with local structures.
• Ability to work with key populations.
Position: Full-time basis
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Start date: Immediately
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online (indicating your expected salary) on
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before
Friday, 11st November 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.